Folks, forgive me for this bit of shameless self-promotion. The debut edition of my new newsletter, Natural Resources Management Today, is online. It’s free after registering, though I do ask for voluntary subscription payments.
Here’s what you’ll find in the August 2021 edition:
- The Power of Private Forests: A conversation with Tom Martin, President and CEO of the American Forest Foundation
- NRM Student Profile — Anna Pauletta: A Passion for Wildlife and Forests
- Southern Timberland Owners Face Increasing Pressures
- Wildland Stories Webinar: Rangeland Ecology
- Reflections: Ordinary Time, an essay by Marianne Patinelli-Dubay
- Bringing Tech Innovation to Wildfires: 4 Recommendations for Smarter Firefighting as Megafires Menace the US
- Esri Provides Open Access to Key Federal Geospatial Data
- NRM Science Notes: Wild Pigs, Lidar Accuracy, Grouse, Owls, and Bats
- Observations: Counties on Fire, an essay by Jim Petersen
- Climate, Weather, Fuels Drive Wildfires. What Can We Do? Focus on Adaptation and Resilience [I wrote this one]
- Mount Hood Prayer, p. 27
In the online publication, the top and bottom menu bars appear when you hover a mouse cursor over them. On the bottom menu bar, the Share button lets you post links to articles to social media or send them by email. I encourage you to share NRM Today far and wide….
Steve Wilent Editor & Publisher Natural Resources Management Today Oregon home office: 503-622-3033 Steve@nrmtoday.com nrmtoday.com