A raft of webinars…. Something for everyone on Smokey Wire….
SCIENCEx ASSESSMENTS WEEK, MAR. 27 – 31, 2023
2:00 to 3:00 p.m. ESTE
The Forest Service Research and Development SCIENCEx webinar series unites scientists and land management experts from across the US Forest Service and beyond.
SCIENCEx Assessments week will explore the data, tools, and approaches helping land managers with forest planning efforts — whether on National Forest System lands or state, Tribal, or privately-owned forestlands.
For more on the SCIENCEx webinar series or to view the archives, visit the SCIENCEx webinar page.
Monday, Mar. 27
Science for Forest Planning
- Information Resources for Forest Planning | Jim Lootens-White
- Streams, Springs, and Fens! Riparian and Groundwater-dependent Ecosystem Assessments for Forest Plan Revision | Katelyn Driscoll
- Broadening Perspectives on Inclusive Forest Planning | Kristen Floress
Tuesday, Mar. 28
Research to Inform Recreation Management and Activities
- Designing with the Americans with Disabilities Act in Mind | Robert Ross
- Towards an Understanding of the Drivers and Effects of Recreation Displacement in Southern California National Forests | Alyssa Thomas
Wednesday, Mar. 29
Research to Inform Silviculture and Management Activities
- Silviculture Research in Hardwoods and Mixedwoods: Still Providing the ‘How’ | Callie Schweitzer
- Long-term Silvicultural Research Provides New Insights for Science-based Management| Mike Battaglia
- Silvicultural Rehabilitation of Degraded Stands: Practical Ideas from Research in Northeastern Forests | Laura Kenefic
Thursday, Mar. 30
Ecosystem Services, Risks, and Benefits
- Ecosystem Service Benefits of Wilderness: Changes over Time | Thomas Holmes
- Deploying Nature’s Benefits for Conservation Finance in the Tahoe Basin | Matthew Sloggy
- An Ounce of Prevention: Effects of Leaf Litter on Wood Decking Exposed Above Ground | Grant Kirker
Friday, Mar. 31
Forest Inventory and Analysis in Forest Management
- Forest Inventory and Analysis in the Pacific Islands | Jonathan Marshall
- Using Advanced Remote Sensing to Support Forest Inventory and Monitoring in Interior Alaska | Hans Andersen
- Urban Forest Inventory and Analysis Data and Tools | Tonya Lister
1 thought on “USFS SCIENCEx ASSESSMENTS WEEK”
Interesting that there is no mention of “climate.”